Organizations that perform well where work involves risk are those with leadership that understand the importance of safety. Dedication to the identification of workplace hazards and the formation of an inclusive safety culture demonstrate leadership with a long-term view. What is it that these leaders know about safety?
- Safety is efficient.
By employing certified safety professionals, an organization is employing specialists who ensure their team members' work remains productive and focused.
- Safety is effective.
By preventing incidents and injury through workplace planning, training, and mitigating hazards; goals are achieved and projects are completed on schedule.
- Safety is engaging.
Those who demonstrate a commitment to safety often see an increase in workplace morale as well as engagement in the identification of potential issues before those issues become major problems, ensuring all workers go home to their families at the end of the day.
Why are BCSP safety certifications important to a corporation?
- Advances safety professionalism and a safety corporate culture via ongoing education and re-certification process
- Competitive advantage among competitors or similar corporations
- Demonstrates credibility among competitors and clients – Peer recognition and Respect
- Increases public confidence and reputation in the employer’s safety program
- Improves organizational morale
- Demonstrates competency
- Return on investment: better safety outcomes, enhanced profitability and productivity
- Sets internal standards for safety processes and procedures
- Contract qualifications = Increase new business opportunities
- Measurement and continuity in safety knowledge
- Offer professional development opportunities to the staff resulting in higher profits, resilience, productivity, quality, innovation & staff retention
If you would like to use safety certification in your organization, contact our Strategic Corporate Engagement Manager, Nancy I. Colone, or our Senior Director, Strategic Advancement, Joshua J. Franklin, MBA, CSP, SMS, CET, CPCU, ARM.